Volunteer at The Mix
Volunteering at The Mix is all about equal impact: we believe that we can learn as much from the youth and families we serve as they can learn from us.
The Mix provides many opportunities for community members to get involved in the work we do! We always welcome new volunteers and invite you to share your time and talent with our students who are always ready to learn!
Individual Volunteers can assist with enrichment activities such as homework help, mentoring, sports, arts & crafts, reading, and more. Our afterschool-program operates based on the following schedule:
- 3:00pm-4:00pm Arrival & Snack
- 4:00pm-4:30pm Homework Help/Reading
- 4:30pm-6:00pm Enrichment Programs & Activities
- 6:00pm-6:30pm Dinner
Your unique volunteer experience will depend on your interests and the amount of time you are able to commit. There are many ways you can get involved, and the following Q&A section explains each of those in detail. Thank you for helping us to Inspire Youth & Empower Families!
Q: What’s an average night like for a volunteer?
Q: How long does it take to complete the volunteer application process?
1) Copies of your clearances (see the Letter to Volunteers) or proof that you’ve begun the process of obtaining clearances
2) The volunteer application
3) A signed copy of the liability and media release